A natural alternative to petroleum based rubs. This chest rub is a handcrafted blend of plant oils and a select blend of essential oils to assist in breaking up congestion and mucous. It can be rubbed over the chest, back, and throat to relieve congestion, making breathing easier. Chest rubs increase circulation and warmth in the chest as they are absorbed through the skin. Placing a warm flannel cloth on the chest after rubbing in the balm will increase the warming action. Alternatively the chest rub can be massaged on the soles of the feet.
For children under the age of 3 gently massage their feet with the rub then cover with socks at night time. See also our listing for Breathe Ez Chest Rub for Children and Breathe Ez Oil Burner Blend.
* precaution - if you suffer from epilepsy do not use this product as it contains a small amount of hyssop essential oil.
Ingredients: castor seed oil, hydrogenated castor oil, beeswax, carnauba wax, essential oils of eucalyptus, rosalina, camphor, ginger and hyssop.
THE BEST NATURE HAS TO OFFER YOUR HEALTH
- eucalyptus - has a cooling effect upon the emotions. It is renowned for its medicinal properties and is a good anti bacterial and antiseptic oil. Excellent for keeping colds at bay.
- rosalina - a relative of Tea Tree, it has similar antibacterial properties. It is similar to eucalyptus oil, being that it is a good expectorant and decongestant. A calming oil, which eases stress and promotes sleep.
- camphor - this oil has long been used as a massage for sore muscles including the chest muscles during respiratory illnesses. The distinctive smell of camphor essential oil is well known because of its use in agents used to kill airborne bacteria.
- ginger - is often used for digestive problems, as well as nausea - be that morning sickness or travel upset. It is also of value when treating colds and flu and especially for catarrhal lung conditions and rheumatic pain.
- hyssop - is an ideal remedy for coughs, asthma and bronchitis. Its expectorant properties make it an effective treatment of loosening heavy phlegm. For children with coughs or bronchitis, hyssop is best used in an oil burner. Please ask us about our Breathe Ez Oil Burner Blend.