PRODUCT INFORMATION: Jar of Dried Blue Butterfly Pea flowers - scientific name is Clitoria Ternatea and is native to South East Asia.
Butterfly Pea flower is noted for its bright blue edible flowers. Aside from its many culinary uses, the blue butterfly pea vine has been used in Ayurveda as well as traditional Asian and Middle Eastern medicine. Its health benefits are increasingly supported by modern science. Brew your Blue Butterfly Tea anyway you like for a healthy blue effect. Add it to your favourite herbal tea and use it for cooking and baking too.
BUTTERFLY PEA FLOWER HEALTH BENEFITS:
- Nootropic - enhances cognitive functions including heightening intelligence and enhancing memory via acetylcholine localized to the hippocampus
- Anxiolyhic - reduces stress and anxiety - calming effect
- Relaxes smooth vascular muscle aiding blood flow
- Analgesic - helps to relieve pain to the extent it is used as a local anesthetic
- Diuretic - promotes excretion of water (urination) which decreases blood volume thereby lowering blood pressure, also used for fasting but typically temporary weight loss
- Anti-inflammatory - the deep blue flowers contain flavonoid pigments similar to blue berries, acai berry, mangosteen rind etc. that protect the plant. When you inject the flower the effect is remarkably similar to the anti-inflammatory effect of the plant in nature.
- Aids diabetic activity by inhibiting glucose intake from the diet
- Noted anti-cancer and anti-tumor abilities resulting from cyclotides that cause cell death by disrupting cell membrane integrity
- Anti-pyretic - reduces fever by dilating the blood vessels just beneath the skin which increases blood flow near the surface of the skin where it can be more easily cooled by the air
Eyes: The presence of the anti-oxidant, proanthocyanidin, helps to improve eyesight by increasing blood flow in the capillaries of the eyes which also allows the eyes to adjust to changes in light and improves vision. The blue butterfly pea vine flowers have been shown to effectively prevent cataracts and glaucoma, correct blurred vision, and reverse retinal damage as well as soothing inflamed and tearing eyes.
Hair: The blue butterfly vine flower, rich in bioflavinoids, has been used traditionally to promote hair growth, thicken the hair and reduce greying of the hair.
Skin: Anti-oxidants in blue butterfly pea flower stimulate collagen and elastin synthesis helping to rejuvenate the skin, reduce wrinkles and other effects of aging skin.
Aphrodisiac: traditionally used as an aphrodisiac particularly for women and used to treat problems associated with menstruation as well as leucorrhoea (white vaginal discharge).
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE: One glass jar of dried blue Butterfly Pea Flowers.